Calendar Posting Policy
- All entries must be submitted no fewer than 14 calendar days prior to the date of the event.
- All submission forms must be filled out entirely, including description of event and contact information. Forms with blank entry fields or no description will not be processed for posting
- All events must be open to the general public Examples of posted events include festivals, sporting events, traveling or temporary exhibits/ exhibition or shows, community and professional performances and college or university- level performances, church and secondary school holiday performances to which the public is invited.
- Entries should include a photo (VisitEdmonds may not give the item featured status if it does not include a photo). Copyrighted photos and artwork require owner permission to use; an image of artwork requires artist’s permission. Entries may not contain language or images that are obscene, profane, offensive, violent, or pertain to illegal activity.
- Entries shall not be false, misleading, libelous or deceptive
- No solicitations will be accepted.
- No events outside of the City Limits of Edmonds will be accepted.
- Completely fill out the event submission form in order to have your events listed in our online calendar. Please note: Your event will not automatically be added to the calendar once you click "Submit Event" at the bottom of the form. It will first go through an approval process to make sure that it contains all the information needed to be added. You will be notified if your event can not be approved.
- Multi-day events may be entered individually, per date/time. Though it is encouraged to add the multiple dates of the performance or event in the description.
Calendar Posting Guidelines
If you are granted access as an administrator/user to post to the www.visitedmonds.com calendar, please follow these guidelines: You may post directly from http://www.visitedmonds.com/events.html or from http://www.visitedmonds.com/events.html Please ensure the event's location is already entered into the system before entering your calendar item. (If you type the name of the venue it should automatically populate the field.) If your location is not already entered, please contact us at email@example.com and send the details (place, address, etc.) and we will add it. Please refer to the Event Calendar Posting Policy for guidance on what may or may not be added to the calendar Multiple times and performances are encouraged to be included in the description. You must enter a start time, but do not have to enter an “end” time. Recurring events may be chosen by day, but the times may not be adjusted. A Recurring Event will be posted exactly as the original. However, to add recurring events with different times do the following: Add your event first, then on the right side of the panel “append” dates. There you may add new dates with additional or different times. To create an event that is similar to an existing event, but with enough differing details in the description, for example, then open the original event in Edit Mode, and then click “Copy Event” in the top menu bar. After editing the new event, Save. PLEASE add a photo for your event. Choose an Event Type so that it shows up on the appropriate pages. Please tell us if you need additional event types added to the site. Enter as much data as you have, including ticket website, ticket URL, etc. Be sure to enter keywords, separated by a comma. No spaces are necessary. e.g..: write,sound,conference,writers,edmonds If there is an associated twitter hashtag or Facebook page, be sure to enter it. This will help your event get found. Be sure to Save the event at the end of the screen before leaving the screen. Consider creating a widget to add to your organization’s website. You can choose to create parameters such as Event Type so that the events most relevant to your organization show up on your site.